ABOUT US

BCV opened its doors in March 2017 after a four-year renovation of the old Duke of Wellington pub.  Cary did a lot of the work herself, and has created a truly comfortable, welcoming and relaxed space.

The building itself is steeped in North East mining heritage, and was named after the visit in 1829 of the Duke of Wellington who came here as the guest of the Marquis of Londonderry, who was keen to show off his mines to the then Prime Minister.